Monday, September 26, 2011

Quotes 5

“The greater the man, the greater his evil inclination” (Sukkah 52b)-The Talmud.

"I think the atheist experience is the equivalent to pornography."-Jake Hubbard

"I seriously didn't exist in 1855 or during the time of Socrates...and if I did I would tell you because that would mean I'm awesome."-Veritas48 (Noah)

"For every complex question, there is a simple and wrong solution."--Albert Einstein

"To moral relativists: 'There are women and girls getting their faces burned off with acid at this moment for daring to learn to read, or for not consenting to marry men they have never met, or even for the crime of getting raped. Look into their eyes, and tell me that what has been done to them is the product of an alt...ernative moral code every bit as authentic and philosophically justifiable as your own.'"-Andres Ruiz

"if you change God to a rock, he still, will not stop the suffer in the world, would still have followers who are mass pedofiles who are not busy with their rockreligion whatsoever, and would still not answer your prayers. to say in other words. god is fiction, but its not said believing in god is bad. you have to make a difference to believing in God, and believing in his existence. Believing in God is good, because you can find power in that. believing in his existence however is less good to say... because God is in the eye of the atheïst, fictious."--Fundie Atheist Quote of the Day

"As Immanuel Kant showed long ago, a general presumption of lying is self-refuting, since if such a presumption is universalizied (one always assumes somone is lying), lying becomes pointless (lying is impossilbe without a general presumption of truth telling)" Scaling the Secular City, page 138

"As a student of religion (and an atheist), I see no harm in treating Christianity as a myth. Christ's teachings are as resonant and important today as they were 2,000 years ago. As a teacher and an advocate for social justice I think Jesus was without peer. I think Jesus' transformation into Christ was a product of several things- the respect of his followers, his traumatic death, the power of his teaching, and the Greco-Roman habit of turning great men into deities (let's not forget that the church languished as a Jewish sect but exploded when it was adopted by gentiles)."--Fundie Atheist Quote of the Day (4/9/10)

"Love is not blind; that is the last thing that it is. Love is bound; and the more it is bound the less it is blind."--GK Chesterton "Orthodoxy, Ch. 5"

“More consequences for thought and action follow the affirmation or denial of God than from answering any other basic question.” - Mortimer Adler

No comments:

Post a Comment