"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that was made for another world."-C.S. Lewis
"I am groaning with inexpressible groaning on my wanderer's path, and remembering Jerusalem with my heart lifted up towards it---Jerusalem my homeland, Jerusalem my mother."-St. Augustine
"We will consistently be more amazed with God, more in love with God, and thus ever more relishing his presence and our relationship with him. Our experience of God will never reach its consummation. We will never finally arrive, as if upon reaching a peak we discover there is nothing beyond. Our experience of God will never become stale. It will deepen and develop, intensify and amplify, unfold and increase, broaden and balloon."-Theologian Sam Storms
"If the goodness, beauty, and wonder of creatures are so delightful to the human mind, the fountainhead of God's own goodness (compared with the trickles of goodness found in creatures) will draw excited human minds entirely to itself."-Thomas Aquinas
"When we pass through what we call death we do not lose the world. Indeed, we see it for the first time as it really is."-Dallas Willard
"I would rather be in hell with Christ, than be in heaven without him."-Martin Luther
"God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him."-John Piper
"Hearts on earth may say in the course of a joyful experience, "I don't want this ever to end." But invariably it does. The hearts of those in heaven say, "I want this to go on forever." And it will. There is no better news than this."-J. I. Packer
"We shall not cease from exploration And the end of all our exploring Will be to arrive where we began And know the place for the first time."-T.S. Elliot
"If God had all the answers in his right hand, and the struggle to reach those answers in his left, I would choose God's left hand."-Martin Luther
"The spiritual-sounding "I will love only God and no one else" is not only unspiritual; it's impossible. For if we don't love people, who are created in God's image, we can't love God."-Randy Alcorn, "Heaven," p. 341
"I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all. But whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess."-Martin Luther
"If you're not allowed to laugh in Heaven, I don't want to go there."-Martin Luther
"As far as homosexuality is concerned that's not a flippant subject. I don't joke about it or treat it like it isn't complex."-Lecrae
No comments:
Post a Comment