Monday, September 26, 2011

Quotes 20

"He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord."-Psalm 112:7

"Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man."-Psalm 112:4

"Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil."-C.S. Lewis

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."-C.S. Lewis

"I am."-G.K. Chesterton, in response to the question "What's wrong with the world?"

"There is no holy land...it's just dirt with no water on it."-Richard Coughlan

"Most of us find it very difficult to want 'Heaven' at all---except in so far as 'Heaven' means meeting again our friends who have died. One reason for this difficulty is that we have not been trained: our whole educations tends to fix our minds on this world. Another reason is that when the real want for Heaven is present in us, we do not recognize it."-C.S. Lewis

"Soon you will read in the newspaper that I am dead. Don't believe it for a moment. I will be more alive than ever before."-D.L. Moody

"Earth recedes....Heaven opens before me!"-D.L. Moody

"While reason is the natural organ of truth, imagination is the organ of meaning."-C.S. Lewis

"The Christian is the really free man--he is free to have imagination. This too is our heritage. The Christian is the one whose imagination should fly beyond the stars."-Francis Schaeffer

"The safest road to hell is the gradual one---the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts."-C.S. Lewis

"I had far rather walk, as I do, in daily terror of eternity, than feel that this was only a children's game in which all the contestants would get equally worthless prizes in the end."-T.S. Elliot

"The doctrine of Christ's vicarious atonement logically stands or falls with that of eternal punishment."-William G.T. Shedd

"Soon you will read in the newspaper that I am dead. Don't believe it for a moment. I will be more alive than ever before."-D.L. Moody

"Earth recedes....Heaven opens before me!"-D.L. Moody

"There have been times when I think we do not desire heaven but more often I find myself wondering, in our heart of hearts, we have ever desired anything else."-C.S. Lewis

"All your life an unattainable ecstasy has hovered just beyond the grasp of your consciousness. The day is coming when you will wake to find, beyond all hope, that you have attained it, or else, that it was within your reach and you have lost it forever."-C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment