Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Deep Regret, and a Hidden Blessing

As some of you probably know, I don't drive at all. This has been a huge pain in the ass since my 16th (if not 15th) b-day, and has caused many regrets, but there is nothing I can do about it at the time of this blog, so I don't really have much of a choice.

Anyways, when I was picked up from college Thursday, my mom went on how about she's annoyed because of the revolution in Libya.

Now, I can understand her position, as we're not particularly rich right now, we're in a recession, et al. But at the same time, I can see there are things to thank God for.

First, we can thank God that his second coming is now a little closer. Jesus predicted many wars and revolutions would come after his day (in Matthew, if not the other Gospels), and this is probably one of them. This is the first thing, I, and other Christians can be thankful for, albeit I don't look forward to the day when non-believers "burn in hell" as some fundies would say.

Another thing to be thankful for is that the revolution isn't here, and that people aren't dying here. Peace is always nice, and I think we should be thankful that some of the following isn't happening here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek4QaeFTLJA





These are just a few things, and I might not totally be updated on the situation. But, the point still remains that we can be thankful for it, to whatever god(s) we worship, if we worship a god(s). If not, you can be glad that these videos were uploaded by an Atheist so I know what's happening and can share it with you.

Can anyone else think of things we should be thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment