In one lecture, my psychology professor said that high school is a time where you have fun going to social events like prom, et al. while college is where you have to work hard to get through as, unlike high school, the grades matter and can come back to haunt you later (or something along the lines of that).
I would agree with this actually, but sometimes I wonder if I could have had more fun in high school than I did.
I was mostly a very introverted person during my past 12 years of school, so I may not have liked prom and other kinds of social events like prom, but how do I know since I never went to prom? Band took up most of my time, so I couldn't join a lot of clubs. Heck, some people who didn't know me at all called me a loner, so even if I did go to social events then people probably wouldn't have wanted to hang out with me. (Note: I did go to band banquet, for my readers, I didn't ditch every social event for a good book or homework.)
I also remember that during school, especially my senior year, I got a serious case of senioritis. I just wanted it to end so I can move on with my life, but I didn't know afterwords I would always want to return to it. I guess I've learned to be thankful for what I have at the time and enjoy it, instead of wishing for its end.
After high school, I've had so much nostalgia and stress that I've broken down crying about it. That's really just my normal reaction to overwhelming stress, but this time it was worse, and I hadn't had that kind of reaction since the troubles I had had in elementary school.
I never really see anyone who I saw in high school, besides a few I was never really that close to, which is an even worse side effect. Some have even moved out-of-state. I pray that I'll see them again, and not just on social networking sites like Facebook. What's even weirder is seeing them change compared to how I remember them in high school (and/or junior high).
My advice for any high schoolers who are reading this:
Have as much fun as you can, albeit within your parents and teachers boundaries. This will likely be your last chance to do so, so treat it like a bucket list. If that's too gruesome for you, then substitute the metaphor. After you're done, make sure you're going to be proud of what you did during high school, and try to avoid doing things you'll regret.
Anyways, I hope I didn't depress anyone with this post. I just couldn't help but post it though.
No comments:
Post a Comment